4200 Island Highway North
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
This well maintained rancher situated on 0.34 acre, on a no thru road, has the perfect flat lot. With access to the backyard from both sides of the house, a greenhouse and nicely landscaped yard is a private retreat all your own. The house boasts 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths, cherry stained cupboards and concrete countertops. There is an eat in kitchen, a separate dining room plus a sunken living room with woo...
A Very Nice Place to Call Home. This bright and roomy lovingly maintained 2 bed 1 bath home with covered carport & wheelchair accessible ramp is definitely the best value home for under $100,000 to be found on beautiful Vancouver Island! Centrally located in quiet Woodgrove Estates in Pleasant Valley,this cozy home is close to all amenities; shopping, parks, healthcare, recreation, parks, trails, and much, mu...
Beautifully appointed Rancher in South Nanaimo. You can see the attention to detail on this lovely home from the time you drive up. Living room and dining room has coffered ceilings with crown moulding. Cozy gas fireplace for those winter evenings. Abundance of Maple cabinets and island in kitchen. Large master bedroom with full ensuite. 2 extra bedrooms and 2nd full bathroom. Back door entrance from kitchen ...
Oceanview and 2 legal lots, this 1940's corner lot propery is one block from the seawall and offers 5 large bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. With a central spiral staircase and 3 floors of living space this homes leaves lots of living options. Enjoy your large private lot or build a new home on the separate legal corner lot. 2 car garage on the corner has a removable floor to allow under carriage vehicle work for th...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015